Policies & procedures to follow when booking or staying at the Sandbar Bed and Breakfast. If you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact the innkeeper.
To reserve a room online at the Sandbar Bed and Breakfast you take a look at our accommodations page. You may also contact us via email or phone.
- Room rates are per room.
- Reservations including a Friday and/or Saturday night require a 2-night minimum unless two reservations leave a Friday or Saturday night open between them
- Holiday weekends require a 3-night minimum.
- Reservations are secured with a credit card.
- A deposit equal to 50% of the total stay guarantees reservation.
- Reservation balance is taken when you arrive at our office located at Something Fishy gift store, next to the Sandbar Bed & Breakfast.
- We accept Cash, Travelers Checks, American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa, as well as BedandBreakfast.com Gift Certificates.
- Room rates are a subject to 6% Occupancy Tax and 6.75% Sales Tax.
Upon arrival please check in at the Something Fishy gift store, where the office for the Sandbar Bed & Breakfast is located. Please see Andy, the property manager, to pay any remaining balance due and entrance to your accommodations.
Check-in is from 3pm – 6pm.
Check-out is 10am.
For after hour check-ins please call Innkeeper and we’ll arrange for the room keys to be left out for you when you arrive.
We welcome early check-ins when the rooms are available, but if the room isn’t ready yet you’re more then welcome to use the common area, which also has a bathroom and shower. Please call Innkeeper for availability.
In the event of a cancellation, no charge will be made if the cancellation is more than 10 days prior to arrival. If the cancellation is less than 10 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded only upon resale of the reservation.
If Nags Head is issued a Mandatory Evacuation Order a full refund will be given. If an evacuation order is not issued for Nags Head a credit for another stay will be given should our guest decide not to stay/arrive.
No Smoking allowed in any rooms.
Smoking is permitted outside only.
Pets are allowed. The charge for a pet to visit the inn is an additional $15 per night. Please provide the name, age, and breed of your dog during your reservation as well as a cell number where you can be reached in case of emergency during your absence.
Rooms are deep cleaned after every pet visit to ensure a comfortable environment for all guests.
Keep in mind that the owner’s dog, Blondie, already lives at the inn, so your dog must be friendly to other dogs and all kinds of people.